Training & Education Committee
The Education and Training Committee is responsible for providing our teams with the opportunity to learn about drug development and early phase clinical trials. We have a number of initiatives which facilitate this. Every 2 years we organise an ITCC Educational Training Day.
This is aimed at a multidisciplinary professional group (doctors, nurses, biologists and data managers). The 2 day course provides an intensive update on all aspects of paediatric drug development. In the next year we anticipate launching training fellowships which will allow a doctor in training to spend time in one of our larger ITCC Centres gaining valuable clinical experience in managing patients undergoing early phase trials.
The fellowships will be linked to an educational curriculum covering all aspects of drug development. Within the next 2 years we plan to extend our fellowship programme to scientists wishing to develop specialised postdoctoral research programmes.
Composition of the Training & Education Committee:
- Prof. Bruce Morland, Birmingham Children's Hospital, Birmingham, UK - Vice President and Chair of the committee
- Prof. Judith landman Parker, Hopital Trousseau, Paris, FR
- Dr. Darren Hargrave, GOSH, London, UK
- Dr. Monique Den Boer, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, NL
- Dr. Fernando Carceller, Royal Marsden, London, UK
- Dr. Samuel Abbou, Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, FR
- Dr. Lucas Bergamaschi, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan IT